Staff Research Associate
8AM - 5PM
$57,108 - $91,896
The Stem Cell Center at the University of California, Riverside, invites applications for a Staff Research Associate in our Stem Cell Core Facility. The Staff Research Associate will help enhance the Stem Cell Core by providing direct services to Stem Cell Core Facility users and produce new tools, services, and cell lines for laboratories to expand their research projects. The Staff Research Associate will provide materials for the research of other labs, not conduct research of their own. This full-time, fiscal-year position is initially for one year, with possibility of reappointment contingent on funding.
Candidates must have a degree in the life sciences with training in stem cell biology. Advanced experience in pluripotent stem cell culture is required. Successful candidates will have at least 5 years of experience in cell culture, stem cell differentiation, cell biology, and molecular biology techniques.
Candidates with a PhD in the life sciences and extensive experience in operating equipment in the Core is a preferred qualification. Also preferred is a demonstrated ability to set up, learn to operate, maintain, and trouble shoot new equipment that the Core acquires in the future.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview