Applied Arts & Sciences - 135331
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
New College at the University of North Texas (UNT) invites applications for the position of Administrative Coordinator. This position will support the unit that houses the Applied Arts & Sciences (B.A.A.S.) degree program. The Applied Arts & Sciences degree is an academic program designed to help non-traditional students (transfer students, those with WECM credits, and veterans with military credits) complete their Bachelor's degree using the credits they have already earned. The B.A.A.S. degree has been a strong part of UNT's degree offerings since the 1970s and has become increasingly relevant in today's rapidly evolving marketplace with its need for a more educated and skilled workforce.
The Applied Arts and Sciences Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Providing general administrative support to the B.A.A.S.faculty director, as well as to the unit's instructors and advisors.
* Budget oversight for the unit, including forecasting, purchasing, and reporting responsibilities.
* Management of student advising appointments and assisting with course scheduling.
* Supervision of and time approver for B.A.A.S. student workers.
* Responsible for all other academic and advising unit operations-related activities, including workflow, staffing/hiring, processes, etc.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience working with EIS (Enterprise Information Systems) at a university.
* Experience working with students.
* Experience managing an academic budget.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, a non-certified copy of their transcript, and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting