Family Medicine - 300690
The University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth, Department of Family Medicine/Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine of the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM), is seeking physicians' board certified in Family Medicine and/or Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine to become faculty with its growing Department. TCOM is a leader in comprehensive primary care and rural medicine and consistently named one of the nation's top 50 medical schools for primary care and recognized in curricular innovation and academic performance. We are in the heart of Fort Worth, one of "America's Most Livable Communities" and have thriving culture, commerce, Historic Stockyards, remarkable museums, a vibrant and clean downtown area, Botanical Gardens and great annual events!
The Family Medicine Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an Assistant/Associate Professor to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Teaching and mentoring of medical students.
* Resident supervision with our ACGME approved Residency Programs in Family Medicine and Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (ONMM)
* Ambulatory patient care.
* Research and academic scholarly activity encouraged with protected academic time.
* Inpatient family medicine and/or OMM service coverage
* Minimal call.
* Competitive Salary based on experience and qualifications.
* Full health and retirement benefits as a full-time state employee.
* Faculty rank as an assistant, associate or full professor.
* Assistance with credentialing and relocation.
* Paid malpractice and relocation.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Excellent communication, clinical, and leadership skills.
* Bilingual Spanish/English or other foreign language is a plus.
* Academic experience is preferred but not mandatory.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled