Requisition # 2018-9650
Department Facilities Fin & Admin Srvcs
Category Building Trades and Technicians
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Under the direction of the Materials Management Supervisor, and working in conjunction with other storekeepers, the Senior Storekeeper uses various tools to provide end to end support of the materials and supplies needs of the Facilities Operations team. This includes, but is not limited to the use of a computer, tablet, smart-device and bar code scanner to issue, order and receive plumbing, electrical, and carpentry supplies. As a key member of the Materials Management team, the Senior Storekeeper will partner with team members to support peak efficiency.
In addition, the Senior Storekeeper will work closely with the Materials Management Supervisor on various special projects, including some involving cross-departmental teamwork with a focus on expanding the management of materials for other departments across the University. The Senior Storekeeper will also provide supervisory back-up support in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Inventory replenishment of stock items within the centralized stockroom
- Complete periodic inventory analysis, in order to determine the most appropriate level of inventory for all trades
- Complete a review and verification of orders for accuracy
- Support the Supervisor in the completion of regular cycle counts, quarterly counts and annual inventory counts
- Assist with monthly inventory charge-out entries; assist with the processing of electronic purchasing requisitions
- Serve as the Materials Management liaison to the Office of Finance & Treasury's Procurement team
- Oversee process exceptions associated with special order purchases
- Maintain non-stockroom supplies and provide purchasing support
- Provide project materials support
- Oversee items within a separate carpentry storeroom
- Explore ways to improve service and support to clients; mentor and train stockroom attendants on best practices
- Serve as a liaison to Facilities Operations Foreman and provide overall stockroom and materials support
Purchasing & Procurement Support
- Assist Material Management Supervisor with the purchasing and procurement needs of the centralized stockroom; manage the addition of new items into the inventory system
All Facilities employees are considered essential and are expected to be available to work as directed by the department during emergencies and certain campus events.
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience in stockroom and procurement experience
- Strong knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical and Carpentry supplies
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Technology savvy; Experience using a variety of computer applications and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. (Maximo & PeopleSoft, preferred)
- Valid driver's license required
- Stand or walk up to 2 hours at one time for 4 -6 hours per day
- Sit for up to 2 hours during an 8 hour day
- Operates a forklift occasionally (less than 33% of the workday)
- Lift or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33 % of the workday)
- Lift up to 50 pounds to chest height and up to 25 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead:
- Occasionally use hands for simple grasping, fine manipulation, computer keyboarding, or pushing or pulling (less than 33% of the workday);
- Occasionally push or pull with forces up to 50 pounds, bend, squat, kneel, climb stairs or step stools, or reach overhead (less than 33% of the work day)
- Ability to work in store rooms that are affected by outside weather conditions resulting a variety of temperatures and environmental conditions, such as hot, cold, or humid working conditions
- Possess ability to full range of body motions and physical agility, and ability to maintain balance
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Maximo
- Construction experience with working knowledge of the specifications and application of a variety of construction materials and supplies
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Princeton University is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to our careers site.