Senior Staff Clinician
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The Colonial Health Center (CHC), a multidisciplinary, integrated, student healthcare service, serves as the primary mental health agency for GW students and the entire campus community. One of our missions is to support students' mental health and personal development by collaborating directly with students to overcome difficulties and challenges that may interfere with their academic, emotional, and personal success.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Senior Staff Clinician will provide direct clinical services within a culturally competent framework as well as participate in training initiatives and outreach activities, as needed. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Provides clinical services, including individual assessment to determine treatment recommendations, brief counseling interventions, testing, group counseling and referral services.
- Participates in outreach services to meet the mental health needs of the University community, including academic support programs, educational workshops, personal skill development groups, consultation and training programs for faculty and staff.
- Documents therapy in accordance with policies and procedures regarding medical records; implements and adheres to policies which ensure patient confidentiality.
- Is responsible for the delivery of special services, e.g., related to current events, special populations, etc
- Conducts crisis interventions and debriefings as necessary.
- Participates in supervision and training of novice clinician.
- Leads the administrative functions of the affinity groups, as assigned. Assists the Assistant Director with the development and coordination of mental health services and support programming for group participants, as necessary, and in collaboration with other university departments.
- Supports the Associate Director of Clinical Services, as necessary, in setting the strategic vision of the center.
The position is based at GW'w Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC.
The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and a supplemental statement describing your philosophy and experience providing treatment within a short-term or brief framework. Additionally, all applicants are required to answer the posting specific questions.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold an advanced degree in a mental health discipline (psychology, social work, or counseling), plus two (2) years of relevant professional experience. Licensed in Washington, D.C. or eligibility for Washington, D.C. clinical license within six months of hire.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:
- Licensed in Washington, DC or eligibility for DC clinical licensure within six months of hire.
- Supervised internship or equivalent, to include clinical assessment, counseling and crisis intervention, with a diverse college-age population.
- Relevant experience providing clinical supervision, and interest in the training of student para-professionals and graduate students in the mental health disciplines.
- Well-developed public speaking skills; interest and comfort in providing outreach and consultation to groups.
- Knowledge and experience with multicultural theory and research, and the application of such research to college counseling center work.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Enrollment Management Family Health Services Sub-Family Mental Health Services Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 4 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm. Evening and weekend on-call and outreach required. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007805 Job Open Date: 11/28/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter