Part-time - Accounts Clerk (BURSAR)
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2018-105
Posting Start Date: 11/28/2018
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Compensation: $15.50 per hour
Part-time - Accounts Clerk (BURSAR)
- Reviews, and maintains accounting records and transactions related to student accounting records, tuition receivable, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Reviews and corrects a variety of documents for accuracy and compliance with rules and regulations including check cancellations, journal entries, deposit forms, etc.
- Review Non-Cash Adjustments, wire payments received by CCU, Heartland, and any 3rd Party. Review refund checks to ensure all refunds were posted to student's accounts correctly.
- Reviews all Tuition Waivers to ensure they are posted to student's accounts correctly: Senior, Foster Care, Homeless Youth, BCPS, and other tuition waivers.
- Completes the tuition verification program to ensure that all tuition is posted correctly to the student's accounts. Any variances are submitted to the Bursar/Designee for resolution.
- Assists in the preparation of any CCU adjustments, and ensure they are posted by CCU
- Completes Preliminary reconciliation of the Student Subsidiary ledger and compares to the Colleges Tuition Receivable balance sheet account, and submits to the Bursar/Designee for review and approval.
- Completes Preliminary reconciliation of Title IV funds to be reviewed and approved by the Bursar/Designee
- High School Diploma or GED
- One and one-half years related work experience
- Proficiency in the use of software application databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing required
- Associates degree in Accounting
- Two years related work experience
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.