Proposed Salary Range
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
The Skilled Tradesman is responsible for the work activities in one or more of the following skilled trades; HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, and Mechanical. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the vision and guiding principles of the Finance and Administration Division.
- Attend team meetings, open forum meetings, assigned training, and any meetings the skilled trade's foreman instructs.
- Ensure tools and materials needed to perform daily work assignments are accounted for and in good working order.
- Perform work assignments in a professional and courteous manner.
- Adhere to all Federal, State and Local codes and regulations governing safety and Code regulations and report all incidents to the skilled trade's team leader.
- Monitor all time cards, work orders, and other assigned paper work are correct and turned in on time.
- Ensure that FAMIS work bench is kept currant and all work descriptions are noted on the work order task list.
- Contact customers and provide information and schedules for on going work if possible or provide courtesy tag when customer is not available.
- Wear daily the assigned uniform as designated in the Uniform FMOP. Exceptions will be in writing for approval by the AVC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of the methods, practices, and safety precautions in one or more of the skilled trades, the accepted practices, processes, materials, and tools of the various skilled trades, and the laws and regulations relating to one or more of the skilled trades.
Ability to provide mathematical and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates for one or more of the skilled trades, read and interpret blueprints, manuals, schematics, building plans, and/or work drawings, understand verbal and written instructions, and maintain inventory on needed parts and tools for one or more of the skilled trades.
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
This position is considered Essential Personnel in Facilities Management and Candidate must possess a valid Driver's License.
The formal education equivalent of a High School Diploma
Five (5) years of experience as a carpenter and/or painter as well as completion of required education or training along with the required license or certification in one (1) or more of the following skilled trades listed below:
Must be licensed as a Journeyman Electrician in accordance with ACA 17-28-304, Journeyman Plumber in accordance with ACA 17-38-301 or HVAC Mechanics in accordance with ACA 17-33-301.
Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the Qualifications Review Committee.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.