Assistant Specialist in Social Computing
Open July 31st, 2018 through June 30th, 2019
ASSISTANT SPECIALIST POSITION
University of California, Irvine, Department of Informatics
Areas of Interest: Social computing, Workplace performance, sensor-based behavioral tracking, big data analysis
Job Description: A laboratory in the Department of Informatics, University of California, Irvine, is looking for an Assistant Specialist interested in sensor-based data collection to study in situ workplace performance, health and well-being. Individuals with experience in sensor-based behavioral tracking, organizational behavior, field research, large-scale statistical data analysis, are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants who lack experience in any of these areas but are willing to learn will also be considered.
The Assistant Specialist will be responsible for helping design and conduct the study and providing assistance in managing the data and data analysis. The research is part of a large multi-university collaborative project, providing an excellent opportunity for collaborative research.
• Highly motivated candidate who desires to conduct field work and lab studies with human participants
• Good understanding of human behavior, ability to work with participants, basic statistical techniques
• A strong interest in conducting collaborative research on the topics outlined above
• Track record of publications in peer-reviewed conferences or journals
• An advanced degree in an HCI-related field, Organizational Science, Psychology, or a related discipline.
This position is full-time and includes benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is for up to ten months, with the possibility of continuing for an additional year, dependent on funding.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now