Executive Director, Financial Aid
Department: Access & Completion
Location: District Administration
Reports To: Vice President, Access & Completion
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req833
Employment Type: Administration and Professionals
Vacancy Number: 147-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: M-F; 8:30am-5pm
Number of Openings: 1
Coordinates and oversees College-wide financial aid operations and plans, executes, and evaluates all aspects of student financial aid administration for all sites and
provides College-wide leadership for the Student Financial Aid & Scholarships department.
- Provides leadership, strategic direction and coordination to make certain the philosophy, goals, and operating principles of the Student Financial Aid & Scholarship Offices are maintained so that the student enrollment experience is consistent from site to site.
- Ensures the core enrollment services of the various Student Financial Aid and Scholarship Offices are consistently implemented and maintained at each site.
- Provides College-wide enrollment operations subject-matter expertise within the financial aid department, as well as business process ownership, and leadership to campus/site units.
- Responsible for related fiscal planning, execution, and optimization of funding resources while ensuring compliance with respective regulations and program requirements.
- Maintains and updates the College's enrollment and financial aid policies, processes, and procedures that prioritize student success.
- Communicates regularly with the campus' Deans of Access & Completion, Offices of Finance and Business Services, Foundation, Registrar's Office, and others, as appropriate, by keeping them informed and seeking input regarding important issues.
- Leads the development, implementation, and monitoring of other electronic documents into an outreach plan that provides the College, potential and current students, and the community with awareness of financial assistance opportunities.
- Serves as the College's representative in securing and administering all local, state and federal student financial aid programs.
- Serves as the budget unit leader and manages all departmental expenditures.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises the Office of the Registrar and hires, trains and evaluates
staff and develops succession plan.
- Coordinates the operations and services amongst all campuses/sites and Ellucian Student Systems as they interface with financial aid, enrollment, and the Enrollment Centers' staff training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of higher education financial aid theories, concepts and practices with the ability to apply in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations as it pertains to the departmental focus.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the relationship between financial aid enrollment processes and student success.
- Possess knowledge of best practices in enrollment services for both credit and non-credit enrollment.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies within and external to the college, including the Department of Education, the Ohio Instructional Grant Program, external funding agencies, and other governmental agencies.
- Possess strong supervisory and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively in complex business situations.
- Ability to effectively complete work assignments independently.
- Possess excellent organizational and prioritization skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to be creative and exercise initiative.
- Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work accurately with great attention to detail.
- Ability to promote collaboration, teamwork, and involve all stakeholders in decision-making processes.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to foster a team environment and work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated advanced Project Management skills
- Intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to confidentially and discreetly handle subject matters requiring privacy and sensitivity
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate and resolve conflicts on major projects
- Ability to facilitate top-level collaboration while managing sensitive issues
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key contacts to enhance work flow and quality
- Possess sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
Quality of Work
VERY IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
- Master's Degree
o Significant related experience may substitute for education
- Minimum of six years of demonstrated progressively responsible experience in student financial assistance.
- Demonstrated experience managing admissions, financial aid or enrollment management activities.
- Demonstrated experience with an integrated student and financial aid ERP system.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with the USDE and with federal audits required.
- Demonstrated experience operationalizing systemic processes in a large-scale organization.
- Demonstrated experience hiring, training, developing, scheduling, supervising and managing the work performance of others.
- Demonstrated experience forecasting, planning, maintaining, preparing, and monitoring a business area's budget.
- Demonstrated experience effectively developing strategies and making decisions that have significant, broad implications on the management and operations of a division
(or equivalent business area)
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness requiring dynamic and analytical problem solving methods in a variety of situations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Possess knowledge and experience with Banner's student and financial aid information and related student transaction systems.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.