Posting Number: SRGV3657
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College of Engineering & Computer Science
Scope of Job:
To provide financial analysis for a department. Responsible for financial activities such as debt administration, issuance and analysis, budget, contract compliance, financial reports, and other business management services.
Description of Duties:
• Maintains accounting records and produces accounting reports and financial analysis.
• Prepares various financial reports including monthly summary reports, government reports, and annual financial report schedules.
• Reviews accounts and fund groups for the propriety of entries and approval of such vouchers.
• Analyzes fiscal accounting and related systems.
• Prepares financial feasibility studies.
• Prepares, analyzes and maintains cost data as required for regulatory reporting.
• Prepares recommendations and documentation to create and update fiscal services.
• Develops policies and procedures for the department’s operation.
• Prepares and processes relevant correspondence
• Manages and reconciles accounts to monitor assigned programs.
• Assists in the review, maintenance, and modification of receivables for systems such as student loans.
• Interprets and ensures compliance with federal, state and University policy.
• Manages special projects.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration from an accredited University.
Master’s Degree in Business.
Three (3) years of experience in finance or accounting with experience in planning, forecasting and/or financial analysis.
Experience obtained in a state agency and/or higher educational setting.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment. May require some weekend and/or evening work or travel.
Accuracy in all phases of duties performed. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/27/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19724
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency