Part-time Academic Advisor
The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor
Part-time Academic Advisor
Posting Number: 20110742
Job Category: Staff
Job Description Summary:
The Part-time Academic Advisor is responsible for Advising and assisting students with their educational, transfer and career plans. Teaches and guides current, returning and transfer student in the processes of registration, education planning and graduation.
• Minimum or a Bachelor’s Degree
• At least one year of Academic Advising
experience or experience directly related
to the duties and responsibilities specified
• Master’s Degree
• Three years of Academic Advising
• Knowledge of Banner Student Information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Advises current and returning students
and as appropriate transfer students
based on their major and the published
Schedule of Classes.
• Provides effective tools and resources
to students who experience difficulties
maintaining a positive academic
• Teaches and assists current, returning
and, transfer students in the self-
• Regularly contacts and informs
academic departments and college
committees, as directed by supervisor.
• Interprets degree audits for students as
needed to verify academic progress and
• Utilizes complex advising strategies to
assist students in finding the quickest
path to graduation.
• Initiates collaborative efforts with other
advisors as a team to anticipate and
respond to advising challenges and
opportunities as they arise.
• Provides career advisement for
students to include: personal interest
assessments, career identification and
• Interprets placement test scores,
advises students of course placement
and works with student to develop an
educational plan based on placement,
academic and life goals and career
• Conducts advisement, transfer and
career workshops as directed by
• Assists in retention and persistence
activities through events, phone calls,
emails and written correspondence as
• Reviews applications for disability
services, determining whether or not
the student will need accommodations.
An understanding of all ADA and Section
504 requirements and responsibilities as
they related to students with disabilities.
• Will support the provision of
accommodations for students with
• Be familiar with assistive technology
and secure textbooks in adapted format
for students with disabilities.
• Create accommodation memos and
make available for student use.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://swmich.peopleadmin.com/postings/2556
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency