Center Student Services Specialist (Hanford)
Center Student Services Specialist (Hanford)
Salary: $42,468.00 - $56,892.00 Annually
Job Type: Classified - Full-time
Job Number: 5724-c-01/19
Closing: 12/11/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Hanford, CA
Department: Career/Student Services
Under the direction of the Provost, COS Hanford Educational Center, in cooperation with Student Services Deans, the Center Student Services Specialist will perform a variety of student services by providing enrollment, academic, and career information to pre-college and college students.
The individual in this position will be responsible for providing information to students, prospective students and the general public thus the incumbent must be cross-trained in all student services areas to include:
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Center Student Services Specialist include:
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Any combination equivalent to:
- Indoor/Outdoor environment.
- Extensive contact with students/staff/public.
- Weekend/Evening hours as needed.
- Ability to read documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
Knowledge and Abilities
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- Student Services programs
- Oral and written communications skills
- Record-keeping techniques
- College admission procedures
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software
- Telephone techniques and etiquette
- To communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate courtesy and tact in dealing with numerous members of the professional and academic communities
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Provide support for a variety of services and activities to assist students their academic achievement and personal growth
- Maintain records and prepare reports
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and assigned software
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
- An online job application.
- Letter of interest which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
- Copies of transcripts (officials required upon employment)
Full-time classified employees enjoy a number of benefits while working at the College of the Sequoias. These benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (for more information, please visit "Employee Insurance" on COS' Human Resources webpage at: http://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Insurance.aspx
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (PERS)
01 Did you graduate from high school supplemented by college-level course work in business or related field
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2277140/center-student-services-specialist-hanford
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency