Instructional Faculty - Mathematics, Bradenton
Instructional Faculty - Mathematics, Bradenton
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position of Instructional Faculty – Mathematics. An instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students.
Applicant may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following essential duties:
1. Teaches all courses as assigned.
2. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction.
3. Actively participates in the College's sustainability practices and initiatives.
4. Embraces a multicultural environment and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
5. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast paced change.
6. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
7. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
8. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials, and updates course outlines and syllabi within College guidelines to meet class schedule requirements.
9. Meets all scheduled classes, and uses scheduled classroom time appropriately.
10. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promotes student growth and learning. State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (Instructional Faculty – Associate Degree)
11. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
12. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
13. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
14. Schedules and maintains office hours as assigned.
15. Attends departmental and other meetings as designated by the Department Chair or administrative official.
16. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and departmental program goals.
17. Assists with preparation of public relation materials pertaining to the department.
18. Serves on college committees to which elected or appointed.
19. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the Department Chair or Coordinator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
20. Performs various tasks as required by the Department Chair/Program Directors for the fulfillment of departmental responsibilities.
21. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
22. Participates in professional development activities. (Demonstrate professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective and innovative teaching techniques.)
23. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive, respectful and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the college-wide community to advance the mission of the college.
24. Performs all other duties as assigned by the proper authority.
Master's degree with 18 graduate semester hours in Mathematics, Statistics, or Mathematics Education courses in the teaching or application of algebra, calculus or finite mathematics or a Master's degree with a major in Mathematics or Statistics.
The ideal candidate will have experience teaching a variety of math courses, including statistics.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note that one of the positions is dependent on budget approval.
The math department has two openings; one is a replacement position and the other a new position.
This individual must be able to teach during the day or evening at multiple campuses, and will be able to demonstrate sustained quality and continuous improvement in teaching, industry experience, and community involvement.
Experience working with various instructional, social media, business, and web technologies is highly desirable.
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process!
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name 	Mathematics
Work Schedule 	9 Month
Total Hours Per Week 	35
Requested Start Date 	8/15/2019
Job Type Faculty
Benefits Eligible Yes
Hiring Range 	$38,981.00 - $41,596.00
Job Open Date 	11/09/2018
Open Until Filled 	Yes
To apply, visit: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2637
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency