Area 59 Director
This position provides leadership, direction and oversight of Gillette College Area 59 operations Community Programs, Youth Programs and Workforce Development Programs. The primary focus is on developing, coordinating, and monitoring adult and youth based classes and programs as well as training and education services offered to business, industry, government, and nonprofit agencies. This position supervises the Area 59 Manager and works collaboratively with other college staff and faculty to develop a strong presence on campus and throughout the community. Ensures high levels of service to students, faculty, staff and community members.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility:
- Management experience preferred
- Will supervise Teachers of Maker Classes, part-time workers, and volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree required (CTE emphasis preferred), master's degree preferred.
- Program development experience for Technical Training; Community Education and Workforce Development experience is a bonus.
- Ability to use a wide variety of software packages including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, CAD and CAM software, and other software currently in use at AREA 59. Ability to learn new software packages when installed.
- Minimum of two years' teaching experience preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Office Hours - some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Lift 50 lbs.
- Push 100 lbs.
- Noisy conditions
- Dusty conditions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work unsupervised in a technical environment.
- Public speaking, networking and relationship building skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self starter, able to find and complete tasks with little supervision.
- Familiarity with equipment used in Area 59, ability to operate and maintain the equipment preferred.
- Ability to learn quickly new and emerging hardware and software that would be associated with AREA 59.
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.87% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- 20 days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- 16 paid holidays per year
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu