Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all administrative support aspects including the day-to-day operation of the Delta College Foundation including fundraising events, student field trips, the Delta College alumni association, and serving as Board secretary to the Foundation Board and the Superintendent/President.This class is distinguished from Director of Foundation as this position does not provide strategic direction and entrepreneurial leadership for the design, coordination and execution of a comprehensive development and fund raising plan for the District and the San Joaquin Delta College Foundation, this direction will come from the Superintendent/President.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the Superintendent/President. May exercise technical and function oversight of lower-level support staff and/or student workers. Will work cooperatively with President's Office Executive Assistant staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Organize and administer the day-to day-activities of the Delta College Foundation to assure efficient and effective operations; facilitate the smooth operations of the quarterly Foundation Board meetings and subcommittee meetings, prepare Board agendas, minutes, and visual presentations and materials, keep files, calendar events, and prepare information to support the Foundation Board.
2. With input from the Superintendent/President and the Delta College Foundation Board and assistance from the President's Office staff, plan, develop, oversee, and execute at least two major fundraising events annually. Evaluate, prepare reports, and present reports on event outcomes.
3. With input from College faculty and managers and assistance from the President's Office staff, plan, develop, oversee, and execute at least two major student field trips each semester. Evaluate, prepare reports, and present reports on student field trip outcomes.
4. Assist with President's Office sponsored functions where Foundation goals can be promoted. These functions could include reunions, retirements, matters related to heritage, graduations, pinnings, commencement, certificate completions.
5. Oversee the operation of the Delta College alumni association including updating and maintaining the alumni association and Foundation donors databases. Collect biographical sketches of persons recognized as notable graduates and donors.
6. With input from the Superintendent/President and Delta College Foundation Board and assistance from Marketing, Communications, and Outreach staff, prepare quarterly communications to donors, potential donors, and alumni.
7. Maintain and update the Delta College Foundation's website.
8. Monitor financial transactions and process donations and approved expenditures in accordance with the Delta Foundation's by-laws and state and federal regulations.
9. Prepare and disseminate a variety of correspondence, memos, agendas, notices, and materials for presentations.
10. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
A minimum of three (3) years increasingly responsible administrative support, program coordination, or event planning experience required. Experience in a higher education environment or public agency preferred.
A valid Class “C: California Drivers' License
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency