The Office of Sponsored Projects provides pre- and post-award services and support to the Bucknell community in grantseeking and award administration. The OSP seeks a Grants Coordinator, which is a full-time benefits-eligible position. The Coordinator will be a vital member of the team, serving in a key role for proposal submissions and award administration for a variety of sponsors and in coordination with senior-level staff. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and take initiative to serve the operations of a central grants and research administration office, while working efficiently and collaboratively with faculty and staff in departments across three Colleges, including Arts & Sciences, Engineering and Management.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Support faculty Principal Investigators (PIs) and Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) in application preparation for submission to various sponsors, including federal, state, local and private foundations (includes interpreting sponsor guidelines; formatting, proofreading and copyediting, and ensuring proposal documents are compliant with all sponsor guidelines prior to submission).
• Track proposals through internal review system and assist with securing needed approvals; update status for proposals.
• Research potential funders and prospects, and disseminate relevant funding opportunities (RFPs, program deadlines) to individual PIs, grantseekers.
• Coordinate (non-financial) award set-up process, and helps to establish awards in coordination with the Finance Office and the Accounting Manager for Grants. Prepare information for, schedule and attend meetings with PIs regarding post-award and reporting requirements. Track compliance requirements and deliverables due for all active awards.
• Support the Sponsored Projects and Research Manager with subrecipient management and monitoring.
• Assist the Executive Director with responsible conduct of research training compliance requirements.
• Prepare amendments and modifications for internal review and execution, and coordinate with OSP senior staff, Finance, sponsors and pass-through entities, as needed. Proactively communicate with key personnel and departmental/College staff of approved changes to awards.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in grantseeking and grants administration OR a minimum of 7 years of experience in grantseeking and grants administration
• Strong computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and proficiency in the use of Google Docs and Google Sheets
• Ability to interpret financial, regulatory, and operational data and prepare reports
• Effectively manage multiple competing priorities with high attention to detail
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with faculty, staff and students
• Flexibility, adaptability, resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; must manage multiple priorities and the ability to see multiple simultaneous projects through to completion
• Customer-oriented with a commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion
• Experience in grantseeking and/or grants administration (fundraising, research development, research administration) at an institution of higher education
• Experience submitting proposals to federal, state and/or private granting agencies and foundations
• Professional or academic writing and editing experience
• Knowledge and experience in subaward management
• Experience and knowledge of OMB cost principles and 2 CFR 200 Uniform Requirements
• Interest in certification/accreditations in research administration
• Experience with grant funding databases
• Experience with grant management or other enterprise resource platforms (e.g., Workday, Banner)
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell's 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.Bucknell's beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University's main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell's surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.