Admissions/Records Evaluator I
Cosumnes River College
Admissions/Records Evaluator I
Job Posting Number: C00782P
Salary: $3,508.91 per month
Closing Date: 01/02/2019
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10127
The entry level of the class of this series. Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, implements admission, transfer, and graduation requirements of the District. Assists students in achieving degree or certificate objectives and resolves academic problems through interpretation of policies concerning transfer credits and graduation requirements. Incumbents may be assigned to work with veterans’ affairs as an additional responsibility. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Student Services department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
● Evaluates student transcripts for credit acceptability and for admissions and graduation.
● Works with counselors to resolve graduation petitions.
● Distributes, explains, receives and checks for completion and accuracy of graduation and other petitions.
● Use of PeopleSoft software, including the Degree Audit module, for Admissions/Records data including but not limited to: data entry, retrieval of data, transcript review and printing, external transcript review and coursework data entry, and college catalog data.
● Researches, interprets, and applies varied and complex policies, regulations, procedures and guidelines related to transfer credits and graduation requirements.
● Compiles initial athletic eligibility.
● Performs a variety of clerical and technical duties involving student registration, admissions, veterans’ affairs, and records maintenance.
● Performs a variety of public contact tasks.
● Communicates with students, staff, and other individuals to disseminate or explain information.
● Aids students in registration and admission procedures by giving information about admissions, credit transfer, and courses offered.
● Prepares and maintains student files, reviews files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
● Compiles and types reports.
● Receives and accounts for various fees.
● Processes records, posts and processes grades.
● Processes and sends transcripts to students and colleges.
● Types compiles and files various reports, notices and forms.
● Composes and types letters and routine correspondence.
● Answers telephone, responds to requests and delivers messages.
● Operates office machines, such as copier, fax machine, shredder and computer.
● Receives and distributes mail.
● Orders materials, supplies, and services.
● Oversees the work of temporary and student workers.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Three years of general clerical experience preferably including one year of school admissions/records experience or general accounting. (One year of college level business or clerical course work may be substituted for one year of general work experience).
Promotional: One year of experience performing clerical duties at the level of A/R Clerk II. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.