Assistant Director for Leadership & Curriculum
The Department of New Student Programs at Baylor University is seeking an Assistant Director for Leadership & Curriculum to provide oversight of the training, development, and well-being of student leaders in a variety of important roles. Student leaders within the department support welcome and transition programs such as New Student Orientation, Baylor Line Camp, and Welcome Week. This position provides primary leadership in preparing student leaders for their roles and supporting them during their service. To learn more about the position and to apply, please go to https://jobs.baylor.edu
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have a passion for and experience working directly with university students
- Embody and instill the Department’s core values and purpose in equipping student leaders to serve entering students
- Bring visionary leadership to incorporation of essential content and curriculum within a leadership class and within programs for entering students
- Possess a deep commitment to and resonance with Baylor’s distinctively Christian mission
A Master’s degree, two years of relevant work experience, and a demonstrated Christian faith are required. A Master’s degree and three years of relevant work experience are preferred.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (www.baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.