Assistant/Associate Professor of Business Analytics
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher learning dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. Marian University has experienced significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings. The Byrum School of Business seeks accomplished, energetic, and professional applicants for the position of full-time faculty member in Business Analytics. The school has adopted an integrative and experiential approach to teaching business that requires students to interact with business people and projects regularly. Reporting to the Dean, Byrum School of Business, this position requires an individual who is:
- Interested in teaching in a team environment
- Excited about teaching in a dynamic, project oriented and interactive program
- Able to be a facilitator, coach and mentor to undergraduate students
- Interested in developing students’ key skills (e.g. communication, teamwork, problem solving)
- Focused on student success and helping students develop career plans
- Able to connect their area of expertise with other aspects of business
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of business and academic experience, energy and innovation to the Byrum School of Business to prepare our students for leadership roles in a competitive, fast paced, global world.
- Minimum of a Masters Degree required
- Extensive business experience with a background in information technology, analytics, or project management
- Skilled in the application of data analysis tools, programs and computer languages
- Teaching experience at the university level preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Commitment to collegiality and working in a team environment
- Commitment to experiential learning and skill development
Marian University is located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation's preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks in the Top 25 of US News & World Report's list of Midwest Region colleges, as well as Money magazine's list of Top 10 schools in Indiana "For Your Money". Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university's culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 10 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state's first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University's football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015 in 9 years of existence. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 42 national titles.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a letter of application, a current CV, three letters of recommendation, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a sample of scholarly work. All applications should be submitted to [email protected].
Marian University is an EOE