MASTER OF SCIENCE IN COUNSELING PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The Department of Psychological Science and Counseling at Marian University in Indianapolis, IN seeks a dynamic and innovative leader for the tenure-track position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Counseling and Program Director who will demonstrate academic excellence and the potential for distinctive contributions to the holistic development of students. The Program Director is a 12-month employee position.
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. Marian University has been experiencing significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings in many areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise the curriculum for the Master of Science in Counseling Program including School Counseling and Clinical Mental Health Counseling tracks.
- Manage the admissions processes, update admissions and program documents, and conduct interviews as needed for the counseling graduate program.
- Develop relationships with undergraduate programs and internship sites to recruit and train students.
- Teach 1 to 2 appropriate courses per semester and 1 summer course in Counseling and/or related specialty area.
- Oversee practicums and internship placements.
- Mentor and advise students within the counseling program.
- Prepare for appropriate accreditations for the program (HLC, MPCAC, CAEP) including working with accreditation agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- A completed doctoral degree in counseling, PhD preferred.
- Preference given to candidates from CACREP or MPCAC accredited institutions.
- Licensure or eligibility to pursue licensure as a health and human services provider required.
- Teaching and administrative experience in higher education strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction.
- Potential for ongoing research, publication, and activity in professional associations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player who can collaborate with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to best practices in counseling, outcomes assessment, high ethical standards, diversity, and community service/engagement required.
Marian University is located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation's preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning and ranks in the Top 25 of US News & World Report's list of Midwest Region colleges, as well as Money magazine's list of Top 10 schools in Indiana "For Your Money". Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university's culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 10 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state's first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University's football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015 in 9 years of existence. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 41 national titles.
Review of applications will begin December 15, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a letter of application, a current CV, three letters of recommendation, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a sample of scholarly work. All applications should be submitted to [email protected]
Marian University is an EOE
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
Apply for MASTER OF SCIENCE IN COUNSELING PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly