Instructor / Assistant Professor Technical Services Librarian
Announcement is hereby made for a full-time, tenure track appointment beginning the spring 2019 semester on the Ammerman Campus in Selden. Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College. The individual selected to fill this position will qualify for academic rank at the level of Instructor/Assistant Professor.
Reporting to the Director for the Center of Innovative Pedagogy, the Central Technical Services Librarian will work as part of a team to provide access to library resources to users in a multi-campus environment. Specifically, the successful candidate will:
· Work with the campus libraries and library-wide committees to license and provide access to library electronic resources.
· Catalog and edit bibliographic records for the library’s print and non-print collections.
· Develop and coordinate training on library information systems.
· Market library resources to the college community.
· Maintain effective communication and working relationships with faculty, administration, staff and library users on all three campuses.
· Participate on relevant committees, attend departmental meetings, and engage in assessment activities as appropriate.
· Act as liaison with SUNY library groups and the Suffolk County Library System, and other appropriate state and regional groups.
· Perform other duties and related tasks as assigned.
· Master’s degree in Library Science or Library Information Systems.
· At least three years’ experience working in a technical services department.
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of library data analytics for decision making.
· Experience working in an academic library
· Knowledge of library industry standards: MARC, LC Subject Heading, LC Classification, Open URL, COUNTER, SUSHI, etc.
· Experience working with integrated library systems (ExLibris: Aleph and Alma)
· Experience working with discovery services (EDS/Primo)
· Print and social media marketing experience
Click on the following link:
Select position #18-46B and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The exact salary will be determined by prior experience and placement on the salary scale negotiated by the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.