Adjunct Lecturer (Dietetics)
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job_Type: Part Time
Location: Main Campus
Assist the Dietetics Clinical Coordinator (DCC) in servicing current and potential EMU Dietetics intent and program students in the areas of and Supervised Practice Experience (SPE) coordination and intent advising.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Supervised Practice Experience Coordination - Dietetics Program
- Assist DCC with coordination of SPE for Dietetics students, both online and on campus cohorts. Contact current and potential preceptors with student schedule needs and coordinate their preferences with the needs of the program.
- Assist DCC with management of affiliation agreements with placement facilities, including but not limited to; initiating new affiliation agreements, conducting outside agreement reviews according to ACEND standards and EMU Dietetics Program parameters, teaming with EMU Legal Affairs to ensure agreement validity and processing of agreements through completion for SPE facilities.
- Assist in aggregating data and reports related to all aspects of SPE, included but not limited to, student performance evaluations, preceptor program feedback, and communication records between program and experience sites.
- Communicate SPE program and curriculum information to students and preceptors.
- Participate in meetings and conferences including, but not limited to; DTC program meetings, assigned committee/team and advisory board meetings.
- Revision of Preceptor Handbook, Program forms and related documents.
- Perform any related duties as required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities to support multiple aspects of a dietetics education program and graduate nutrition program, as typically obtained by completion of a bachelor's degree or associate degree in Dietetics, nutrition, or a related field. Completion of the RD/RDN credential is preferred.
Knowledge of the components of a Coordinated Program in Dietetics is desired.
Three years of work experience in the field of Dietetics, nutrition, or food systems is required. Teaching experience in a college/university setting is helpful.
Professional communication skills with attention to detail are required.
Ability to work independently is required.
Well-developed computer skills are required.
Experience in effective problem resolution is required.
Please attach a cover letter and resume.