Director of Residence Life
The position of Director of Residence Life (DRL) is a year round live-in position that reports to the Director of Student Life. The responsibilities of the Director of Residence Life are:
- Direct the overall operations of the residence life program in our 475 bed residence hall.
- Oversee the maintenance of the occupancy management system (Housing Director-Adirondack), which includes housing applications, contracts, housing deposits, billing, fines, key management, management of meal plans and immunizations compliance.
- Participate in the professional staff on-call rotation including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Supervise the professional staff, resident assistants, and other student employees.
- In conjunction with the Administrative Assistant, facilitate housing applications and housing assignment processes.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports regarding student academic progress, residential student retention, meal plan balances, housing occupancy totals, and housing operations.
- Coordinate programming efforts with an emphasis on co-curricular programs and events which align with our Institutional Learning Outcomes.
- Manage the residential programming and orientation budgets.
- Provide interventions and support students through emergency situations, mental health and medical incidents, roommate conflicts, and conduct concerns. Provide guidance and coach students, both individually and in groups, concerning academic, social, and personal issues.
- Participate in all professional and paraprofessional staff recruitment, selection, hiring and evaluations.
- Assist with adjudicating conduct cases as directed by the Office of Student Advocacy and Accountability.
- Collaborate with the Director of Student Life to create a comprehensive student leader training program and coordinate the residential student orientations.
- Manage and maintain residential publications, website content, maintain a consistent social media presence, and collaborate with Public Relations and Admissions to create and implement housing promotional and recruitment materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- 3-5 years of professional residential experience in a college setting
- 2-5 years of on-call professional rotation experience;
- Experience in managing a budget and supervision of full time staff
- Ability to integrate student development theories and practice into work
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Word, Excel, databases, electronic communication
Preferred: Experience with housing software systems and community college housing
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience with building collaborative institutional relationships, a commitment to professional development, exceptional communication skills, and a commitment to inclusion.
The compensation for this 12-month live-in position includes:
- 1 bedroom furnished apartment
- Salary based on education and experience
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and life Insurance; Employer contribution 403 b retirement plan and match
- Campus parking
Accepting applicants until filled. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal, educational, and employment background screening.
To Apply, go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
DCC is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).