Assistant or Associate Professor (Marketing)
Position: Assistant or Associate Professor (Marketing)
Department: Business Management
Closing Date: Application review begins January 4, 2018
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Faculty
Status: Open until position filled
- A master’s degree in a business field is required (MBA or MS). A PhD in marketing is preferred.
- Industry experience in the field of marketing is required.
- Expertise in marketing strategy, marketing research, analytics, digital marketing, and customer relationship management are particularly desirable.
- Previous experience teaching at a university is preferred.
- Passion for the marketing discipline is essential, and a desire to mentor a diverse, global student body toward a successful career launch is key in this faculty role.
- We seek candidates who support BYU-Hawaii’s “Learn Lead Build” mission (http://about.byuh.edu/mission) and who are committed to strengthening our students both spiritually and intellectually.
- As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Teach approximately 33 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in subject areas such as the following: principles of marketing, digital marketing, sales and customer relationship management, marketing research, integrated marketing communications, strategic marketing management, international marketing, and business fundamentals. Actual course teaching assignments are based on department need and the candidate’s specific experience. We seek candidates who are willing to be flexible with teaching assignments.
- Scholarship, ongoing professional development, and university service are expected as a complement to primary teaching responsibilities.
- BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching. The individual should be fully committed to student learning (http://about.byuh.edu/learning-framework) and may also be asked to help develop and/or teach online courses.
- The individual should be completely committed to helping prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the Church throughout the world, with a particular emphasis on the university’s targeted Asia-Pacific area.
- Rank and salary are dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Annually renewable contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent of “tenure-track”)
- Limited relocation expense package is provided. Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for full-time faculty employees.
Procedures: Please complete and submit the following by mail, fax, or email.
- Official BYU-Hawaii job application (https://byuhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/BYU_H)
- A letter of application and current curriculum vitae.
- Three references including names, addresses, and telephone numbers. Letters of recommendation will be requested from finalists. Letter writers must send their letters directly to [email protected]
- Employment confidential report form (https://hr.byuh.edu/sites/hr.byuh.edu/files/Ecclesiastical%20Endorsement_0.pdf). Form should be submitted by the interviewing ecclesiastical leader or (if non-LDS) by applicant to [email protected] or the address listed below.
- Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received.
- Optional: A link to a 10+ minute teaching video posted online.
- Optional: A portfolio of marketing projects or communications.
Starting Date: September 2019
Associate Academic Vice President for Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Fax: (808) 675-3329
Email: [email protected]