Facilities Administrator/Quality Assurance Coordinator
Nov 9, 2018
This person is responsible for supporting various day-to-day operations of the Facilities Department. He or she will aid in the monitoring and reporting on the maintenance and construction activities, service vendors, compliance with city, state and Pratt inspection and testing requirements. This person will also serves as the point of contact for all external agencies; FDNY, NYCDOB, NYCDOH, etc.
- Organize, maintain and update all building, fire, and health department code compliance activities.
- Administer for SchoolDude computer maintenance and management software, coordinating updates and training as required.
- Monitor Facilities Department maintenance and update the facilities conditions assessment reporting log.
- Assist with the review and reporting of financial documentation, including but not limited to capital and operating (OPTS) budgets.
- Functions as "Clerks of the Works" for capital planning, construction and physical plant activities.
- FDNY administrative responsibilities - Semi-Annual/Annual inspections, follow-up on alarm inspections, clearing all troubles and log back-up.
- Assist with all DOB inspections including elevator, faade, permits and construction related activities.
- Maintaining facility records and permits for all locations (Certificate of Fitness, HazMat storage, refrigeration permits, Public Assembly, etc.).
- Attendance at compliance hearings related to NYCDOB and FDNY violations. Assist with all aspects of consultant coordination (architects, engineers, vendors, etc.).
- Measure contractor performance for quality control and adherence to specifications.
- Prepare and provide Facilities Department reports, presentations and correspondence as required.
- Serve as back up to the Facilities Coordinator as required.All other duties as assigned
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.Qualifications
Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Facilities Management, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent professional discipline preferred; or 5 years of comparable field experience. Building, fire, health department experience a plus; HR and experience in a union environment also a plus.
Skills: Building construction or maintenance, timekeeping systems knowledge, electronic work order system and HelpDesk knowledge preferred; must be proficient with word processing and fluent in MS Office, MS Project software.
Other: Excellent written and oral communications skills. Must possess strong planning, problem solving and negotiating skills and assist with the coordination and management of projects through planning and implementation phases. The applicate must also be able to work successfully in university c team setting.