CRM Solution Architect (SFDC) / Solutions and Analysis Team Manager
Areas of Intereset: Information Technology - Development, Architecture, Enterprise CRM
Functional Areas: Office of Information Technology
Department: Office of Information Technology Administration (OIT)
Requisition Number: 14626
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 11-Dec-2018
Our CRM Solution Architect and Solutions and Analysis Team Manager provides CRM functional expertise and client and team management to the CRM program through the design, delivery, operation, and improvement of Salesforce.com projects and applications, and the technical and business processes related to those applications. In doing this, this Architect/Manager may elicit customer requirements, analyze business and technical processes, provide technical support and guidance, and facilitate problem identification and solutions and may also establish guidelines and standards for new campus applications/services.
The person in this role is also a CRM subject-matter expert and client manager for CU’s centrally-managed Salesforce.com(SFDC)/CRM service and may serve as a principal consultant and/or supervise a team.
Who We Are
Many organizations have talked about their CRM as groundbreaking. At CU, we’re living it. We are deploying Salesforce as a multi-campus system, serving broad needs, from academic advising to alumni relations.
Our Salesforce deployment has a focus on improving student outcomes through proactive outreach and making information easily available to both students and those who advise and support them.
If you want the intellectual excitement of consulting without the grueling travel or maniacal hours.
If you want the satisfaction of seeing a deployment through to completion, while sleeping in your own bed at night.
If you want to enjoy your teammates as well as your projects - day in and day out.
If you want to make a difference for our community, our students and our society,
We’re making enterprise CRM a reality - across four campuses - one shared engagement database. We’re putting our investment where our caring is - in our constituents. You can be part of a brand new team, building the ideal of caring for our constituents in a CRM platform that creates and nurtures meaningful relationships - simply and consistently.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’s academic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- CRM business solution architecture and team management with primary responsibility for Salesforce.com/CRM business solutions team for both projects and on-going production including:
- Subject-matter expert and team mentor for the SFDC/CRM service, including both core functionality and all related applications and integrations.
- Manage CRM staff including hiring, performance management, empowerment, and ensuring resource/training needs are met.
- Delivery of CRM Solutions through management and coaching of CRM business analysts and solution architects on such functions as:
- Working with end users to understand and document their needs as business requirements, use cases, and user stories.
- Translating user needs into technical specifications for configuration of Salesforce.com and related applications.
- Developing integrations and applications.
- Designing CRM solutions and applications.
- Work with CRM developers on solutions requiring coding and development.
- Functional tests of user stories of solutions.
- Working with CRM Operations, hand off regression, integration and UAT testing as well as solutions for deployment, cut-over and support.
- Troubleshoot bugs and user issues.
- Recommend use, acquisition, and phase out of technology in the CRM software stack.
- Plan and evolve system capacity and architecture requirements.
- Working with CU Enterprise Technical Architect and CRM Business Architect, establish an enterprise architecture stack that includes the CRM system and its functions.
- Create, standardize, and govern "best fit for purpose" guidelines for the CRM system.
- Identify, recommend, and execute changes to business and technical processes, configuration, and other aspects of the Salesforce.com/CRM service.
- Advanced technical support for Salesforce.com-related services and to CU clients experiencing issues with Salesforce.com/CRM and other administrative systems services.
- Service documentation and knowledge transfer including development and maintenance of Salesforce.com/CRM service documentation.
What You Should Know
In this role you will participate in a formal on-call rotation with definitive response times; the likelihood of the on-call employee having to come on-site to respond/manage the issue/incident is low. When not on call, you will be expected to respond in a reasonable (though not definitive) amount of time when called outside working hours regarding issues and incidents that arise.
What We Can Offer
We offer a very competitive, market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Professional. Be Collaborative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in computer science, computer information systems, or related field.
- A combination of education and/or related experience may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
- Seven years of experience as a business or technical analyst or consultant, of which at least three include supervising project or department staff.
- Four years of professional experience in Salesforce.com/CRM.
What You Will Need
- Personal, organizational and communication skills necessary to provide excellent customer service in resolving highly technical issues in a higher education setting.
- Ability to appropriately interact with campus-wide information technologists and end users, including faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive to ensure proper availability of systems/services.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Salesforce.com certification, including administrative certification (ADM201) and/or Sales Cloud/Service Cloud consulting certification.
- CRM Consulting Firm experience.
- Experience with event management platform implementation and service operations.
- Experience working with data structures and data modeling.
- Experience with Data Loader/Demand Tools.
- Salesforce.com Communities experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 11, 2018 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer