Administrative Assistant I
Administrative Assistant I-1803401
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Preferred Qualifications: Additional years of Full time administrative experience. Experience in an academic setting or working with higher education. Knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations. Experience working with an admissions process. Brief Description of Duties: The Administrative Assistant I will have various administrative responsibilities for the applicant process in the School of Medicine, Office of Admissions. The incumbent must be able to multi-task and maintain a certain level of flexibility and trouble shooting abilities.
- Receptionist duties, greet applicants, collect relevant identification documents, prepare and distribute interview itineraries and presentation folders.
- Escort faculty/applicants to interview rooms, order lunch and set up for tour/luncheon activity.
- Scan all necessary documents for interview applicants. Assist with various tasks relating to interview process.
- Processing of the Supplemental Application for the School of Medicine.
- Responsible for the data entry and electronic distribution of screening files to the Admissions Committee.
- Process and respond to emails from current and prospective applicants.
- Maintain pertinent information regarding inductees into Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) and Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS) national databases each year. Organize and coordinate Annual Induction Dinner Ceremony & Awards Program held in May. Secure venue and coordinate logistics of award presentations. Notify all SOM Deans, Chairs and AOA nominees of event. Coordinate travel arrangements, transportation, hotel and honorarium for guest speaker. Assist with designing, creating and printing program for the annual induction dinner (~100 attendees). Maintain and update invitation list on excel spreadsheet (currently 250 members on file). Order and mail invitations and track RSVP’s.
- Order office supplies and stationary. Assist with special events (Open House, Stony Brook Revisited, Pre-Orientation, White Coat Ceremony) and other office duties i.e., filing, purging of application materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook: Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans. If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Administrative Assistant I
Job Field: Clerical/Secretarial
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: School of Medicine, Office of Admissions-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30 - 5:00School of Medicine, Office of Admissions-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Nov 27, 2018
Posting End Date: Dec 11, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: To be completed prior to posting
Salary Grade: N6