Contract and Grant Analyst 2
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $60,650
Under general supervision, develops and/or oversees research proposals, awards and/or transactions related to contract and grant management and maintains contract and grant records in compliance with institutional and research sponsor policies. Works on proposals of moderate scope such as single investigator NSF proposals where analysis of financial information or reports requires review of a variety of factors (e.g. budgets, salaries, expenses, etc). Receives assignments on project basis and fully analyzes problems, gathers data and information, and recommends solutions. May be eligible for delegated signature authority. Completes and approves transactions for signature by manager or other authorized institutional official.
knowledge of grant funding processes, procedures and techniques.
Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Writing skils to draft persuasive text for variety of audiences.
Ability to maintain independent judgment; strong organization; communication skills; and a customer service focus.
Ability to manage a high volume of transactions.
Ability to perform moderately complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, sponsor and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview