Contract Administrator I
Contract Administrator I
Contract Specialist I
SYS fac Construction - 951000
Is this an internal posting only?
With a staff of 20 architects, interior designers and other construction and administrative professionals, this office provides professional design and construction management for the campuses and System Administration for all major renovation and construction projects.
These responsibilities range from initial project development through programming, design, construction and commissioning. Working closely with the administration, faculty, staff and students, the System Facilities Planning and Construction Office implements the highest standards in design, particularly focusing on high-performance, efficient, and sustainable facilities.
The System Facilities Construction Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Contract Administrator I to join our team. This position will performs complex (journey-level) contract management work. Work involves developing and evaluating design and construction contracts. May train others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. A high degree of accuracy and attention to details is required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of System Facilities Administration in accordance with established policies and procedures and is subject to review through results achieved as well as periodic checks and audits.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Prepares construction related contracts, amendments and change order as requested as well as various other external documents.
* Responsible for working directly with Director to update the contract language for all templates and the Uniform General Conditions.
* Provides training for selected Lunch and Learn meetings.
* Develop and update processes as needed to aid development and processing of contract documents.
* Works closely with department staff and with other campus units to gather information and resolve contract issues.
* Works with various computer programs to complete required tasks.
* Maintains project database and other departmental records.
* Stays current on state law, regulations and UNT System policy related to contract administration matters.
* Observes safety and security measures appropriate to work performed.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in business management, technical writing, or closely related field and two years of progressively responsible experience in contract management, technical writing or purchasing, preferably with experience related to State of Texas agencies, higher education, construction, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Knowledge of or ability to learn legal document preparation.
* Thorough knowledge of or ability to learn applicable laws, codes regulations, standards, methods and practices related to purchasing and payments.
* Ability to keep detailed records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to perform detailed work accurately and rapidly.
* Ability to work as part of a team to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge of State of Texas and UNT System purchasing regulations.
* Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM).
* Certified Texas Procurement Manager (CTPM).
* Certified Texas Purchaser (CTP).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting