Research Compliance -390000
The Office of Research Compliance is responsible for the regulatory oversight of animal and human research at UNTHSC. In addition, staff personnel are engaged in supporting researchers and the research infrastructure associated with regulatory compliance to enable and enhance an ethical research enterprise.
The IACUC Coordinator is one part of this 10-person team and provides administrative support for the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) to support compliance of the animal care and use program in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
The Research Compliance Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a IACUC Administrator to join our team. The IACUC Administrator provides administrative support for the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) to support compliance of the animal care and use program in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Supports and manages workflow for routine IACUC processes, including attendance at scheduled meetings.
* Supports the implementation of IACUC procedures and recommendations regarding the animal care and use program
* Reviews, implements, and maintains IACUC procedures and policies. Recommends changes and modifications as needed.
* Interprets and applies federal, state, and local laws and regulations relevant to use of animals in research, teaching, and testing for all species used or housed at UNTHSC.
* Maintains all related records in compliance with UNTHSC SOPs and regulatory requirements.
* Reviews paperwork supporting the annual report to the USDA of animal pain/distress categories.
* Prepares IACUC meeting minutes, correspondence, agendas, and Semi-annual Inspection, PHS, USDA and AAALAC reports under the guidance of the IACUC Chair and Institutional Attending Veterinarian
* Oversee the review and approval process for research animal care and use protocols, amendments and annual reviews. Provide preliminary review of animal research protocols, amendments and annual reviews prior to submission to the IACUC (Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee) and will follow up on all protocol changes and modifications required by the IACUC.
* Communicates with investigators, IACUC Committee members, IACUC Chair, Vet and animal care staff on a regular basis.
* Prepares, records and distributes minutes of IACUC meetings and will notify investigators of actions taken by the IACUC with respect to their research protocols.
* Schedules and performs post-approval monitoring audits.
* Organize and accompany the IACUC on semiannual inspections of the animal facility and laboratories; and perform inspection rechecks for any noncompliance found.
* Maintains IACUC files and databases. Utilizes SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, Word and the protocol software program, Ideate.
* Responsible for updating the IACUC website.
* Responsible for updating and writing IACUC Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines.
* Document and maintain database of all animal research surgical and procedural training conducted by laboratory animal medicine personnel.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and four (4) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* LATG or CPIA certification preferred
* Basic to advanced computer skills.
* The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, software manuals, study documents, and procedure manuals; and the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* The ability to understand and utilize appropriate mathematical concepts for calculating and interpreting scientific data.
* Ability to work cross functionally on process improvements.
* Demonstrated attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
* Ability to manage change.
* Readily adapts to new projects.
* Positive attitude toward work and co-workers.
* Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and employees.
* Able to identify and resolve problems as they are encountered.
Proficient multi-tasker with strong communication skills.
* Experience with regulatory compliance (various), interest or background in animal care.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled