Job ID: 24853
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: Capital Outlay Project Mgmt
Classification: Administative Analyst/Specialist, Non- Exempt
Salary Range: $3,288/month - $6,162/month
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
San Jos State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/all/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of PDC and receiving work lead direction from the Associate Director of Construction Management;this position provides administrative and analytical support to Planning Design & Construction, including Directors, Architects, Inspectors and Construction Project Managers. Working independently under general supervision, this position tracks and manages construction documentation and process, and provides additional support for other facility related matters.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training.
- Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- 2 years or more working in an administrative setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures and practices; English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling. Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- General knowledge of software applications such as: word processing, spreadsheet, and database management. Ability to learn PeopleSoft and other required financial systems.
- Ability to set appropriate priorities to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to prepare reports and interpret policies and procedures covering a wide range of administrative and contractual procedures.
- Strong oral communication skills. Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills.
November 27, 2018
Application Screening begins December 12, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046