Job Description Summary:
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
The Department of Health Policy and Management is seeking a Research Associate to work on the Funders Forum on Accountable Health. The Funders Forum is a learning community of those funding accountable health community initiatives that bring together the health care delivery system, public health, social services organizations, and community leaders. See accountablehealth.gwu.edu.
The Research Associate provides research support to the Funders Forum by conducting independent research using peer-reviewed literature, gray literature, and public sources to monitor accountable health projects; assists in design and implementation of original research by the project such as case studies; manages routine relationships with participants in the Forum; assists in meeting reporting requirements to funders; and supports research staff and faculty in routine activities. The position will report to the project’s PI.
• Conduct independent research relevant to the projects such as literature reviews, web searches, and case studies.
• Manage information gathered through research and other activities of the projects (e.g., interviews, convenings) into written materials for academic, funder, and policy maker audiences.
• Works with other researchers to design grant-funded research studies
• Assists in conducting site visits, interviews and other original research by participating in data gathering and analysis.
• Supports research teams regarding logistics for convenings and research travel.
• Liaison with website development and postings.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a master’s degree and 1 year of experience in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Master’s degree with one year of experience working on research projects.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently on defined research projects.
• Interest in public health, health care policy, and health law, preferably demonstrated by health policy graduate coursework or experience.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to work in a team environment, reporting to different team members on
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Field Research Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 - 5:00 Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Yes Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? Posting Number: R000693 Job Open Date: 11/27/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter