Assistant Director, Leadership Annual Giving
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 09-28-2018
The Assistant Director, Leadership Annual Giving will report to the Senior Director of Annual Giving and is responsible for establishing and growing the Leadership Annual Giving program. This program will help move existing donors up the pipeline by targeting upgrade solicitations through personal visits and mass appeals. The Assistant Director is also responsible for enhancing the stewardship and engagement activities provided for donors at this level to engage these donors at a higher level and prime them for future major gift consideration.
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Minimum of two years of experience in personal solicitation in fundraising or transferable skills.
3. Ability to create impact-based stewardship materials, events or initiatives to engage leadership annual donors at a higher level.
4. Proven skill in written and verbal communication.
5. Proven skill in meeting sales/fundraising goals and metrics\
6. Ability to meet established deadlines.
7. Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter and self-motivator.
8. Experience with mass solicitation marketing channels such as direct mail, telefund, email, and digital tactics to create meaningful and effective appeals for donors.
9. Creative problem-solver who can identify gaps and opportunities and share recommendations to enhance the annual giving program.
10. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
11. Ability to constructively integrate and contribute as a member of the Annual Giving and University Advancement teams.
12. Demonstrated ability to behave in a manner that ensure confidentiality of donor data.
13. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, emerging technologies, and a good understanding of social media.
14. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, this offer is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.