ANALYST, IT, SR-Business Information Technology
ANALYST, IT, SR-Business Information Technology
Business Information Technology
The Salesforce Solution Architect role will be the driving force behind assessing the needs of the organization and will serve as the lead Salesforce Developer for DCRI.He/she will look foropportunities to develop and grow the business through effective use of salesforce technology while investigating feasibility of new technology requests. Based on the breadth and depth of understanding of business needs and processes, this role will collaborate with other teams to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions will need to be developed.
• Design and create high-impact applications and capabilities to effectively enable business and research functions of the DCRI
• Carry out the development of the applications / enhancements firstly via configuration and if required via Apex Visual force.
• Requirements gathering, designing, coding, debugging, performance analysis, packaging and deployment on the salesforce.com platform
• Serve as Project Team Lead in relation to developing Apex,Visualforce new functionality and enhancing existing functionality. Design and deploy high quality,scalable code.
• Design and develop integrations between applications and other systems as may be required by users and customers
• Ensure that documentation of Apex code, as well as application useand flow, is accurate and well written
• Participate in interviewing operational stakeholders and understanding/documenting the business requirements
• Participate in the development and maintenance of salesforce policies, procedures, and best practices
• Participate in the upgrade of software/releases, including the customization of functionality and the performance of regression testing
• Documentation of environment / production change controls logs
• Maintain change control and testing processes for modifications
• Understand/execute release/change management processes for changes to business applications
• Stay current on salesforce technologies, current issues, trends and tools
Education and Training
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics,Information Systems,Business Administration or other related field or equivalent experience Experience and Skills
• 5+ years experience developing Force.com, Apex, Visual forceapplications and 3+ years experience leading salesforce development teams
• Background in developing in a business sector using Force.com or SFDC
• SalesforceCertified Platform Developer I
• Strong customer focus with a demonstrated ability to work closely with technical and business users alike
• Experience with multiple environments need to support full SDLC(separate development,validation, and production environments)
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, leadership, project management and problem solving skills Demonstrates good work ethic, adherence to details, and track record of customer service
• Proven ability to work both independently and in team environments• Excellent Verbal and written communication
• Desired but not required certifications: Salesforce Administrator Salesforce Advanced Administrator Salesforce Certified App Builder Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
2426 ANALYST, IT, SR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.