ANALYST, IT, SR-Business Information Technology
ANALYST, IT, SR-Business Information Technology
Business Information Technology
As a Sr. Analyst, IT - Salesforce Release Manager at DCRI, the position will be responsible for both developing and executing deployments for CRM and related cloud services. This includes defining the way releases are managed, ensuring that all functionality is developed and delivered smoothly and efficiently to the customer and user community. While this role does not include direct report responsibility, it does require strong facilitation and leadership of cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is results-oriented; someone who critically evaluates the status and brings new solutions to the table, driving towards continuous process improvement.
• Define and implement a standardized deployment process that delivers major releases, minor enhancements and patches• Manages release schedule and key release milestones across all Salesforce CRM development projects; ensuring easy and timely deployments across environments
• Design and create high-impact applications and capabilities to effectively enable business and research functions of the DCRI
• Carryout the development of the applications / enhancements firstly via configuration and if required via Apex Visual force.
• Complete requirements gathering, designing, coding, debugging,performance analysis,packaging and deployment on the salesforce.com platform
• Serve as a project team member in relation to developing Apex,Visual force new functionality and enhancing existing functionality. Design and deploy high quality,scalable code.
• Design and develop integrations between applications and other systems as may be required by users and customers
• Ensure that documentation of Apex code, as well as application use and flow, is accurate and well written
• Owns the Salesforce application release process including source control.
• Set and manage to consistent deployment schedules, accounting for any dependencies and risks along the way; identify issues and perform root-cause analysis to ensure they are not repeated.
• Define and manage change control process for development, where quality is ensured and aligned to the organization's SDLC process while still operating in a fast-paced, iterative environment
• Define release readiness criteria and ensure all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
• Work with developers to properly resolve conflicts, deployment error sand meet code coverage
• Track release metrics to drive improvement and report successes/failures to stakeholders
2426 ANALYST, IT, SR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
BA or BS in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and 3 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Experience & Certifications
• 3+ years as a Release Manager for software development,Salesforce.com platform
• 5+ years Build/Release experience of Java-based, on-demand applications.
• 5+ years experience developing Force.com, Apex, Visual force applications and 3+ years experience leading salesforce development teams
• Demonstrated ability to support Release Operations: production environments, mission-critical internal tools administration in a Help Desk, and zero downtime frameworks.
• Strong command of code branching architecture branching, merging,rollback plans, etc.
• Experience supporting an on-demand environment is highly valued.
• Proven track record ofimplementing build/release systems around new products.
• Desired but not required certifications: Salesforce Administrator Salesforce Advanced Administrator Salesforce Certified AppBuilder Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.