Internal Communications Strategist/Editor
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology
Internal Communications Strategist/Editor
Digital Communications - 7010642
Cover Letter, Resume
The Internal Communications Strategist/Editor position reports to the Director of Digital Communications and supports the development, organization and deployment of internal communications content, focusing on deepening employee engagement and driving consistency and efficiency across internal communications channels. The position monitors and reports on measures to demonstrate effectiveness of internal communications strategies with a goal of developing a sustainable internal communications model.
- Establishes an internal communications strategy that aligns with the College strategic plan and serves as an advisor on institutional internal communications issues
- Ensures College initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Plans, edits and writes content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, email and weekly newsletter
- Ensures internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums
- Ensures internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Coordinates closely with Digital Communications and Public Relations staff within Advancement division
- Collaborates closely with Educational Technology and numerous stakeholders
- Responds to feedback from staff and adjusts communications content accordingly
- Coordinates with business owners to ensure content is accurate, effective and up-to-date
- Monitors and approves content updates within the intranet
- Monitors and approves employee list email
- Assists with public website content
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications or a related field
- Two years' experience developing internal communications strategies and content and using a content management system.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems regarding information architecture and hierarchy.
- Proficiency in using Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.
- Basic understanding of Section 508 Compliance.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Graduate Degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications or a related field
- Two years' experience developing sites and content within SharePoint for business purposes
- Experience developing and launching internal communications and intranet solutions
- Basic understanding of various programming languages
- Experience with user management and permissions
- Familiarity with AP Style
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
This position raises funds for both Georgia Gwinnett College and secondarily for the Georgia Gwinnett College Foundation. Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.