This position will provide ultrasound imaging for the Department of Radiology in the emergency, inpatient and outpatient settings. The sonographic exams the person filling this role will need to perform include, but are not limited to: abdominal (including transplants), pelvic, small part, pediatric specific exams (ex: pylorus, echoencephalogram, hips), and venous extremity. This person will also assist with UK guided procedures and MSK imaging. This position requires you to acquire/maintain ARDMS certification to ensure compliance with our ACR accreditation.
H3182: Ultrasound Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Requires heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 50 pounds. Also requires repetitive motion tasks
Three 12 hour shifts - Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from 7pm-7:30am. This position requires working weekends, holidays and during times of emergency. Call is required for this position.
PACS, RIS, Ultrasound Physics, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
One year of clinical ultrasound experience preferred
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a current ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) license or are you eligible to obtain one by date of hire?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter