Faculty Position in Organization Theory
Open date: July 26th, 2018
Next review date: October 1st, 2018
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: June 30th, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Faculty Position in Organization Theory
The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine is seeking candidates to fill one faculty position in Organization Theory to begin as early as July 1, 2019. The position is open to individuals at any rank (i.e., Assistant, tenured Associate, or tenured Full Professor).
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, although first consideration will be given to completed applications received by October 1, 2018.
A Ph.D. in management, sociology, or relevant discipline is required (Ph.D. must be completed by October 2019). Promise of excellence in research and teaching is required for an Assistant Professor appointment, and evidence of such excellence is required for a tenured appointment. Interest in health care is desirable but not required. Salary will be commensurate with prior performance and experience.
THE ORGANIZATION & MANAGEMENT AREA AT THE MERAGE SCHOOL:
The Merage School is recognized internationally as one of the world's top 50 business schools and has a longstanding active research culture. The Organization & Management Area includes Chris Bauman, Sharon Koppman, Gerardo Okhuysen, Jone Pearce, Maritza Salazar Campo, and Maia Young. Learn more about the Organization & Management Area at https://merage.uci.edu/research-faculty/academic-areas/organization-management.html. The closely affiliated strategy area includes Philip Bromiley, John Joseph, Luke Rhee, Libby Weber, and Margarethe Wiersema.
University of California, Irvine ranked #1 on the New York Times list of Top Colleges Doing the Most for Low-Income Students, 8th on Forbes' list of best value colleges, and consistently among the top public universities in the US. The student population at UC Irvine is over 33,000. Located in the heart of diverse Orange County with a population of over 3 million, the University of California, Irvine enjoys the best of what Southern California has to offer: beaches, mountains, deserts, and a broad variety of cultural, entertainment, and intellectual activities. Orange County also offers an extremely dynamic and diversified business community.
For information about the University of California, Irvine and The Paul Merage School of Business, visit http://www.merage.uci.edu/.
For a complete listing of faculty positions at The Paul Merage School of Business, please log onto UC Irvine's RECRUIT located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/.
Please apply at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04820
Applicants must complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
(1) Curriculum Vitae;
(2) A brief research and teaching statement, and for Associate and Full Professor applicants an additional statement on service;
(3) A separate statement that addresses past or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion through research, teaching, and/or service;
(4)Three letters of recommendation (for Assistant-rank applicants only); an offer at the Associate or Full Professor level will involve a review for tenure;
(5) Teaching evaluations; and
(6) Samples of Scholarly Writing - dissertation proposal or completed dissertation (for Assistant Professors only), and publications and working papers.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact:
The Paul Merage School of Business
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3130
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Service - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Teaching Evaluations - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Samples of Scholarly Writing - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 0-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now