Lead Curriculum Development Associate-1
Hyde Park Campus
22258 PSD UChicago STEM
About the Unit
UChicago STEM Education is planning revisions to the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project's PreK to Grade 6 program. The Lead Curriculum Developer Associate will work on a team revising existing lessons and activities and developing new activities and lessons as required.
- As a team member, the Lead Curriculum Development Associate will assist on revising the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project's PreK to Grade 6 existing lessons and activities based on feedback from teachers, changing requirements in state or national standards and documents, and market demands identified by the program's publisher.
- Develop new activities and lessons for PreK to Grade 6 and assist in developing teacher education materials for elementary mathematics.
- Aid in developing mathematics activities, lessons, and assessments for elementary students.
- Assist in conducting literature reviews and drafting policy papers.
- Will have the ability to assist in developing teacher education materials for elementary mathematics.
- Knowledge of elementary mathematics standards and curriculum.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor'' degree in elementary education, mathematics, or a related field required.
- Advanced degree in elementary education mathematics, or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years of elementary mathematics curriculum development experience, elementary mathematics teaching experience, or other related experience required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to manage stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/