Director of Graduate Admissions
Director of Graduate Admissions
Position Number: 10044240
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 01/07/2019
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Director of Graduate Admssions on the Dahlonega Campus. The director of graduate admissions leads a centralized recruitment and admissions effort for graduate programs to include: developing marketing plans; implementing multifaceted, integrated communication plans; facilitating changes in departmental admissions procedures; and making data-informed recommendations for program enhancements; and recruiting throughout the region. The director will engage and collaborate with prospective students, UNG administration, community leaders and other influencers to strategically plan for the future of UNG's graduate programs and to meet yearly enrollment goals.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Director of Graduate Admissions will:
- Be responsible for the strategic development of marketing, communication and recruitment plans based on analysis of external and internal data and trends. Explore opportunities for program growth/development through communication with regional business, school systems and city and county governments. Share expertise and ideas with program coordinators and administration through Graduate Council. Present at regional, state and national meetings and conferences. Provide current and new student data for enrollment planning and department updates.
- Represent UNG at graduate fairs, undergraduate career centers, advising offices and business events throughout the region. Counsel prospective students and centers of influence concerning admission standards, institutional features and financial aid options and career opportunities through personal appointments, telephone calls and email.
- Implement marketing and communication plans to include creating email and social media campaigns, purchasing of promotional materials and creating printed pieces to attract and enroll an increasing number of graduate students. Strategically purchase names for direct marketing campaigns.
- Facilitate an efficient and service oriented admissions process by streamlining related functions of the Registrar, Financial Aid, Distance Education and graduate program coordinators while maintaining compliance with university, USG and distance education policies. Work with vendors, CollegeNet and Axiom to maintain online applications and download integration.
- Manage the budget and supervise the graduate office staff associate and graduate assistant.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have ability to analyze and interpret data; work with minimal supervision; maintain effective working relationships; set priorities and manage multiple tasks; learn and effectively operate in Banner, BDMS, CRM and web content management system.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills; management and decision-making skills.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree or substantial progress toward completion of master's degree strongly preferred.
- Three years of experience in higher education, recruitment, marketing, business or communications.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check and a credit check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Identify Verification: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.