Assistant/Associate Director of Development - Office of Development and Alumni Relations, The Flet
Assistant/Associate Director of Development - Office of Development and Alumni Relations, The Fletcher School-18001643
This position will be Assistant Director of Development or Associate Director of Development depending on the experience of the candidate.
The mission of Fletcher's Office of Development and Alumni Relations is to serve The Fletcher School community by:
- Raising annual and capital funds to meet the School’s evolving and priority academic and institutional needs, especially during the current Brighter World campaign;
- Stewarding all donors so that impact and return on the investment is both timely and clear; and
- Creating and sustaining long-term, relevant relationships with the School’s approximately 9,700 alumni worldwide as well as friends, including supporting approximately 80+ domestic and international alumni clubs, administering world-class reunion programs and international symposia, and creating high quality electronic and print communications for the community.
The Assistant/Associate Director of Development will be responsible for managing a portfolio of major prospects and donors to The Fletcher School. Working collaboratively with the Senior Director, Director and development colleagues to create and implement strategies for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and articulating the mission, priorities and strategic vision of The Fletcher School. The Assistant/Associate Director of Development will support the Senior Director and Director in other various capital fundraising efforts and initiatives and will be required to participate in relevant domestic and international trips, receptions, and other events.
- 3-5 (assistant level) 5-7 (associate level). Experience cultivating and soliciting leadership and major gifts.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Valid passport; Driver's license.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage and lead senior volunteers across cultures.
- Experience and/or interest in international affairs through work and/or having lived abroad is essential.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong emotional intelligence and the capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Regular domestic and international travel will be required.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge of a second language and/or experience living abroad is highly desirable.
- Experience with Advance or similar complex database / information management system.
- A "people person," not just comfortable meeting others, but genuinely interested in them.
- An active listener, who not only takes in what is being said, but signals understanding to the speaker.
- Is knowledgeable in a broad range of interests and therefore able to comfortably converse on many subjects with an emphasis on environmental issues, law and international affairs.
- A facilitator, comfortable with empowering others to succeed and willing to stay behind the curtain, when necessary.
- Is passionate about Fletcher's mission and able to convey that zeal.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects with ease.
- Possesses a keen ability to discern the readiness of prospective donors to progress toward deeper engagement and ending in making the case to a donor for a major gift to Fletcher.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Regular travel, including outside of the United States.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Advancement/Alumni Relations
Organization: UA - Fletcher Dev & Alumni Rel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 28, 2018, 8:46:58 AM