Nurse Practitioner - Clinical Instructor
- NYS license and certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Master's degree in Nursing or completion of a course for Nurse Practitioner.
- Managerial Experience.
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR).
- Minimum of two years experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Experience with Regulatory agencies such as CMS, JCAHO, and NYSDOH.
- Experience in an outpatient setting.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The selected candidates will be responsible for clinical management of an Obstetric and Gynecology outpatient practice location at Six Technology Drive, which includes Stony Brook University Hospital's Article 28 clinic. This position serves as the clinical manager for the outpatient location and includes some direct patient care services as well.
- Provide clinical management to an Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic, including but not limited to direct supervision of clinical support staff, oversight of the triage call center, clinical staff scheduling, and medical supply ordering.
- Work with clinical staff, physicians, and other advance practitioners addressing patient care issues.
- Perform history and physical exams, order appropriate diagnostic and screening tests, develop pre- and post- treatment/operative plans of care, intervene in acute episodes, write medication and nursing care orders, perform minor procedures, and basic genetic counseling as needed.
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of Physicians, Genetic Counselors, and other Clinical Nurse Specialists as needed.
- Education of patients and their families in order to promote wellness, improve and maintain current health as needed.
This is a non-tenure track position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Those interested in this position should submit a State Employment Application , cover letter and resume/CV by clicking Apply. Alternately, you may submit your application package to the departmental address or fax below. Please also fill out an online Applicant Information Survey . Do not submit this survey to the department.
Christine Conway, MD
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Health Science Center, T9, room 020
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8091
Email: [email protected]
Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools - Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare - as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children's, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Official Job Title: Nurse Practitioner - Clinical Instructor
Campus: Health Sciences Center
Department: Ob/Gyn and Reproductive Medicne, Gynecologic Oncology - General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posting Start Date: 11/27/2018
Posting End Date: 12/27/2018
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 12/27/2018 , unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Category: Health Science and Medical Center Faculty