Tenure Track Faculty, History
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: INT Assoc Dean, Liberal Arts
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req706
Employment Type: Full-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: 005-20
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Classes are assigned, beginning August (Fall semester) 2019. Ability to work a combination of days/evenings/weekends is required. Assignments may include working at multiple sites/campuses.
Number of Openings: 1
Teaches a full range of history classes.
• Prepares and delivers lectures to students on various topics in relation to a specific discipline
• Evaluates and grades students' class work, laboratory work, assignments and papers
• Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, speaking with colleagues and participating in professional conferences
• Maintains student attendance records, grades and other required records
• Initiates, facilitates and moderates classroom discussions
• As needed, advises students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues
• Plans, evaluates and revises curricula, course content and course materials and methods of instruction
• Compiles, administers and grades examinations
• Collaborates with colleagues to address teaching and research issues
• Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students
• Selects and obtains materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment
• Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, department matters and academic issues
• Participates in campus and community events
• Master's Degree in History
• Post-secondary teaching experience
• Teaching experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for students
• Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skills
• Logic and reasoning skills to identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
• Ph.D. in History
• Online teaching experience
• Community college teaching experience
This is a full-time tenure track faculty opportunity for the academic year beginning August (Fall) 2019. The academic year (Fall and Spring semesters) is 36 weeks in duration; summer contracts are issued separately.
The following documents must be attached to your on-line employment application:
1) Current resume
2) A cover letter
3) A one-page statement explaining how you promote student learning and achievement
4) Scanned copies of your transcript (original, unofficial, or photocopy) for the required degree and copies of current required licenses/certifications. Please indicate your current name of the transcript if it differs from the name on the transcript.
Applicants selected for interview must provide official transcripts for the required degree at the time of interview.
Please note that the required degree must be conferred/completed prior to submission of your application.
Please DO NOT include other transcripts or documents not requested such as letters of reference or past evaluations; only the transcript and required licenses/certifications will be forwarded to the search committee. No faxed transcripts, licenses, or certifications will be accepted.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary: $52,152 with B.A. plus 30 semester hours (45 quarter credits) or M.A. degree; Education less than or more than stated will affect minimum salary.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.