Under the general direction of a higher level manager, the Registrar provides direct supervision to staff related to registration, maintenance of records, coordinated data processing services, veterans services, athletic eligibility, degree evaluation, certificates, transfer and graduation in accordance with state and federal codes and regulations, and District and College policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include coordinating communications, training, supervision and evaluation of the performance of assigned personnel.
Los Medanos College
$7,184.00 - $8,753.00 (See initial salary placement guidelines above).
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the Registration and Records Office to assure compliance with state and federal policies and procedures. Ensures consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Serves as a technical resource for the department staff and a technical backup for the supervising manager. Assists in troubleshooting system problems, assesses computing needs and makes recommendations for program improvement.
- Assesses coordination of approved curriculum as it interfaces with student registration processes to ensure that prerequisite controls are properly functioning.
- Ensures that all beginning of term and end of term processes are accurate and completed in a timely manner, in particular, those that relate to MIS data reporting. Completes data for FTES State report.
- Maintains open communication and coordinates with counseling services, curriculum articulation, financial accounting, financial aid and other enrollment services departments.
- Resolves and responds to complaints from college personnel, general public and outside agencies.
- Serves as a liaison with District auditors to ensure timely provision of requested data.
- Oversees and troubleshoots the degree audit program through software analysis, process mapping, testing, training, and documentation.
- Manages and supervises the certification process for veterans and athletic eligibility.
- Coordinates the document imaging function.
- Trains and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel in accordance with District policy; assigns employee duties and reviews work for compliance with established requirements and procedures.
- Directs and automates the retention/destruction of student records in accordance with District guidelines and state and federal regulations.
- Monitors and assesses department policies and procedures for operational efficiency; participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to enhance the operational efficiency of student registration and records activities.
- Supervises and participates in the input of enrollment data into an assigned computer system; establishes and maintains automated records and files; assures accuracy and completeness of input and output data and related transactions; initiates queries and generates computerized reports.
- Oversees the preparation of instructor packets, drop rosters, rosters and grades as directed.
- Participates in the development and implementation of department plans, goals, objectives, projects, calendars and employee schedules.
- Participates in the development and coordination of the student services sections of the college catalog, schedule of classes and website.
- Coordinates and oversees all testing of the student database and all associated programs within the department.
- Assists in the development and preparation of the annual budget for the department; controls and authorizes expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Attends and conducts various meetings as needed or assigned. Participates on various committees as required.
- Develops, implements and conducts staff training sessions as needed or directed.
- Communicates with appropriate administrators concerning registration, graduation deadlines, state audit regulations, statistics, and changes in state regulations. Represents department in meetings, decision-making and crisis resolution as necessary.
- Performs other related duties.
Bachelor€™s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
Three years increasingly responsible experience in college admissions, registration and records, including at least one year providing technical or functional supervision to staff or any equivalent combination of training and experience in another student services area.
Minimum Qualification-Knowledge Of
Policies, procedures, functions, and organization of a college, specifically student registration and records; state and federal laws, codes and regulations related to registration, matriculation and records maintenance; graduation and transfer requirements; modern automated record-keeping systems; computer software applications including spreadsheet, database, and word processing programs; oral and written communication skills; correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary; community college organization, operations, policies and objectives; interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy; policies and objectives of assigned programs and activities; budget preparation and control.
Minimum Qualification-Ability To
Coordinate, control, and direct the activities and functions of the Registration and Records Services; implement policies, procedures and guidelines related to assigned functions to ensure a service oriented operation; assure compliance with State, Federal and College regulations, requirements, policies and mandates; train, supervise and evaluate personnel; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; maintain records and prepare reports; read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures; resolve complex or escalated issues with respect to students and registration activities; maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions; analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; work effectively and demonstrate currency of knowledge with computers and other forms of advanced technology utilized in providing high quality services; demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
€¢Ability and enthusiasm to work closely with district and college teams, to coordinate, plan and deliver a full range of enrollment services.
€¢Experience organizing and supervising office work flow with ongoing focus on delivering quality customer service.
€¢Experience maintaining records on a complex student software system, with the ability to trouble-shoot, test and train on automated procedures.
€¢Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to work one-on-one with students, faculty and staff, as well as address and facilitate large interactive group sessions.
€¢Demonstrated commitment to fostering student equity and inclusion, and ability to communicate and work effectively with students, faculty, staff, and community members of diverse backgrounds, cultures, languages, and abilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Note: New employees will be placed at the first step which is $7,184 per month, second step $7,548 per month, or third step at $7,930 (depending upon experience). Based on current salary placement guidelines, all step increases for which an employee becomes eligible shall take place on July 1st of each fiscal year. These increases will occur, on annual basis, until the maximum step of $8,753.00 per month is reached on the salary schedule.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.