MEMBER SERVICES AND RESERVATIONS COORDINATOR
MEMBER SERVICES AND RESERVATIONS COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV3652
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: University Recreation
Scope of Job:
To facilitate the day to day operations of member services, which include but are not limited to staffing, policies and procedures, access control, customer service, equipment issuance, and the pro shop.
Description of Duties:
• Oversees all University Recreation facility reservations and facilitates contract for groups including, but not limited to University Recreation (UREC) events, university groups and organizations, and recruitment of external groups and organizations.
• Oversees all departmental reservations and assigned staff.
• Develops and implements a comprehensive membership retention program to include membership database management, membership renewals and cancelations, membership card processes, and audits all transactions.
• Oversees operations of the Pro Shop, which includes working collaboratively with marketing for creative design, ordering, inventory, and auditing the resale items.
• Responsible for oversight of operating expenses, forecasting, and monitoring of income and expenses within assigned areas.
• Provides leadership and training to the customer service desk operations.
• Prepares regular written communication such as monthly, annual, financial, participation, and equipment reports as needed.
• Completes comprehensive analytical and statistical reports regarding the membership operations through assessment of services based on established expectations.
• Collaborates with campus partners for large scale campus wide UREC events.
• Assists in establishing policies and procedures regarding facility usage, risk management, security efforts, and membership guidelines.
• Serves as department point person for ActiveNet software.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University.
First Aid and CPR certified or obtain certification within 30 days of hiring.
• Two (2) years of experience in recreation or athletic facility operations, coordination and performing the stated duties in a related setting, or
• One (1) year of experience in the required experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Sports Management, Kinesiology or another closely related field from an accredited University.
• Related experience can be substituted on a one-on-one basis for up to two years of education.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Indoor and outdoor environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Excellent communication skills. Ability to work effectively in team environment. Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to multi-task.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/26/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19868
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency