Collection Development Librarian
Required: Master’s degree from an ALA accredited library or information science program; Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with library staff and the university community; strong working knowledge of traditional and electronic library formats.
• Strong knowledge of personal computers including PC and Mac
• Knowledge of the internet, Microsoft Office, Windows
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work independently
Preferred: Coursework with an emphasis on technical services or collection development. Professional experience in an academic library; experience in evaluating and selecting library materials in both traditional and electronic formats; working knowledge of statistical tools for analyzing library collections; cataloging experience.
Make decisions regarding the selection and retention of print and electronic materials
• Plan, coordinate, and manage systematic analysis and weeding of all collections and formats
• Implement, review, and update the library’s collection development policies and procedures
• Serve as a contact for acquisition of e-resources and print serials
• Manage faculty publications in the university’s institutional repository
• Assist in reviewing and negotiating license agreements to reach favorable pricing and licensing terms
• Coordinate trial, acquisition, and renewal activities with publishers/vendors and staff
• Collect and analyze usage data from vendor/publisher sources and create reports to support purchase and renewal decisions
• Participate in the information literacy instruction program under the direction of the Education and Outreach Librarian
• Participate in reference desk coverage, including nights and weekends
• If a U.S. Citizen, participate in passport acceptance agency coverage
• Perform other reasonable duties as required
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. Position is Security Sensitive.