Temporary Faculty Support Specialist
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law (Denver Law) is a national leader in experiential legal education, a recognized innovator in legal pedagogy, and the site of multiple nationally recognized programs and centers. Consistent with the University of Denver's IMPACT 2025 strategic plan, Denver Law seeks to elevate the visibility and impact of the institution's scholarship and programs, engage strategically and collaboratively with multiple external constituencies to advance the public good, and magnify the comprehensive strengths of Denver Law and the University of Denver.
Working with a team, each Faculty Support Specialist shares responsibility for providing a high level of clerical, administrative and base-line technical support to faculty members. In doing so, the Faculty Support Specialists support the Sturm College of Law's academic vision and values.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Complete general administrative tasks including: creating course materials, formatting recommendation letters, submitting reimbursement requests, reserving space for meetings and events, conducting mail merges, coordinating conference calls, and printing, scanning, faxing, and copying documents.
- Assist professors in their preparations for class by formatting and printing syllabi, collating course packets, clearing copyrights, creating seating charts, and assisting with online components of the class in Canvas and TWEN.
- Ensure grades are accurately reported on time by working with the Office of the Registrar.
- Provide assistance with research, editing, formatting, properly citing, and submitting professors' articles and books.
- Collaborate with other administrative departments in the Sturm College of Law and the University of Denver to coordinate events and conferences by providing support with registration, travel and hotel accommodations, and serving as an initial point of contact for speakers and attendees.
- Serve as first point of contact for technical assistance for faculty members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Faculty Support Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service approach to providing support.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professionalism and the ability to use discretion with confidential materials.
- 2 years of college coursework or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 years of administrative experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of legal citation.
- Experience using academic and legal research tools (Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, HeinOnline).
- Certified Notary Public.
- Previous work experience in an academic environment supporting programs and/or staff/faculty.
Monday - Friday, hours may vary between 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. with occasional evening hours as needed.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, December 3, 2018. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.