Major Gifts Officer, Athletics
Reporting to the Sr. Associate Athletics Director, the Major Gifts Officer for Athletics will devise strategies and be responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with the purpose of advancing donor levels with major gifts ($50,000+) and leadership annual gifts ($1,000+) on an annual basis. The Major Gifts Officer meets or exceeds portfolio metrics including but not limited to:
*Executes 15 substantial face to face visits a month
*A combination of annual and major proposal goals based on portfolio value and tenure: Goal of 24 major gift proposals delivered and/or 100 annual proposals deliveredPerforms other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree required, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in non-profit fundraising; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Required Skills & Abilities:
* Proven successful experience in individual fundraising required.
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills and relationship building competencies, and excellent oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of an urban university and the ability to persuasively represent its goals to multiple constituents
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
* Demonstrated capacity to work effectively as part of a team
* Demonstrated experience with and utilization of relational databases and computer systemsPreferred:
- Experience working in collegiate athletics
This position requires a background check
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless
of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.