Customer Service Associate - Office of the Registrar
- The position responds to a high volume of incoming telephone calls, personal visits and emails for Office of the Registrar, answer general questions and resolve registration problems (which may include tuition and billing) for students, faculty, staff and the outside community, provide phone verifications of degrees and dates of attendance, convey complex information over the telephone to callers, greet visitors to the Office of the Registrar, assure that visitors receive desired services, answer common office-related questions, and provide directions and campus information as appropriate.
- The position will register students, print bills and schedules. The position will assist students with other transactions such as independent study approvals, perform extensive data entry, which includes processing registration and schedule change requests, student demographic data correction, additions, changes and updates, and retroactive registration corrections during end-of-term processing, as well as reconcile admission records with accepted student records.
- The position will process student withdrawals during an academic term and at end-of -term in accordance with federal student and institutional policies. This duty insures compliance with legislative reporting requirements and will provide information to the financial aid staff in a timely fashion.
- The position will assist the Transcript Coordinator with processing transcripts, process official and unofficial academic transcripts, read and interpret requests received by mail, in person and via the web, determine if student is eligible to receive transcript (e.g., no transcript holds), produce transcripts electronically using Banner Student system (post 1988 records) or with paper records (pre-1988), and produce written enrollment and degree verifications.
- The position will open and distribute mail to appropriate parties in the Registrar's Office.
- The position will process routine student service transactions such as major and minor changes.
- The position will do general clerical & administrative duties as search for permanent record that cannot be located, maintain name change records, obtain proper documentation (signed release, copy of court order), change name on computer and/or permanent record, file name change documents in credit envelope or in appropriate files, obtain and produce copies of course descriptions, complete forms for various areas of the Registrar's Office and assist with filing, imaging and indexing documents.
- The position maintains the Registrar's event dates, deadlines and appropriate links on the University calendar. This duty will insure that important calendar information is available to all in a central location.
- The position assists with other assignments and projects in the Office of the Registrar as required, e.g., assist with Commencement Exercises, providing direction to student employees in supervisors absence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, students, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to discern a customer's true need/concern.
- Understanding of the functions of other DU departments.
- Knowledge of what functions the Registrar staff perform.
- Thorough understanding of the answers to frequently asked Registrar questions.
- Ability to develop a high sensitivity to the privacy and legal protection concerning academic records (FERPA).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- High School diploma.
- 1 year of related experience or training working with the public providing customer service.
- General office experience.
- Associate's degree.
- Higher education experience.
- 2 years of experience working with the public providing customer service.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on December 10, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.