The University Librarian oversees all aspects of library resources and services in support of academic programs, faculty teaching, and student learning at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology to include physical libraries and services to distance learning (blended and online students, as well as students attending locations with no physical library). The University Librarian provides collaborative leadership with campus librarians library staff and faculty, plans and manages activities, resources, and outreach to students. The University Librarian also performs the functions of the Campus Librarian at their home location.
- University Library complex
- Provide vision and strategic direction for the university library complex in alignment with TCSPP's strategic vision and plan.
- Represent the University Library complex at Academic Affairs Leadership Council meetings.
- Supervise campus librarians from other campuses.
- Develop strong partnerships within the school by networking and conducting outreach.
- In collaboration with Campus Librarians, plan, implement and administer all library resources and services for students, faculty and staff wherever classes are taught and distance learning courses, in a context of continuous improvement.
- In collaboration with Campus Librarians, plan and supervise the assessment of all library resources and services for student learning and faculty effectiveness. Inform administration of the library's strengths and weaknesses in meeting college needs and accreditation standards.
- In collaboration with Campus Librarians, collaborate with faculty to assess, proved and improve the library collection and services to meet student and faculty needs.
- In collaboration with Campus Librarians, develop a program of library instruction and reference service in accord with current standards.
- In collaboration with Campus Librarians, prepare and manage annual library budget.
- Coordinate library website activity.
- In collaboration with Campus Librarians, plan activities across all libraries as a team and keep others informed.
- Home Campus
- Oversee test kits and interlibrary loans as appropriate for the home campus.
- Represent the Home Campus Library and provide updates at regular campus meetings.
- Serve on Campus--wide committees and participate in Academic Department initiatives.
- Assist students and faculty with scholarly research and provide instruction for online database resources.
- Supervise, train and evaluate home campus library personnel and assist in their hiring.
- Master's degree in Library Science or related field
- Knowledge of best practices in instruction and reference services.
- Experience supervising other professional librarian
- Experience in university library system or other academic setting
- Experience with online teaching and delivering instruction to diverse population of adult learners.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology